- We envisage identification and development of talented bright and gifted children predominantly from rural areas who are denied good educational opportunities.
- Objectives of quality education are sought to be fulfilled through effective academic, co-curricular and adventure activities, physical education, reasonable level of competency in three languages.
- We aim at the respective districts as focal points for improving quality of education through sharing of experience and facilities with continuous interaction with local community and helping these institutions to develop as centres of academic excellence.
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is under Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti and is a registered Society under Registration of Societies Act, 1860. The Society is an autonomous body under the Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Human Resouce Development, Govt. of India, Hon”ble Minister of Human Resource Development is the Chairman and Hon”ble Minister of State of Human Resource Development (Education) is the Vice-Chairman of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
- JNVs are functioning at the district level through the Vidyalaya Management Committee under the Chairmanship of District Collector, in all the participating States & Union Territories of the country.